This post may contain advertisements and/or links for products and services that I value. I offer recommendations to products and/or services that I find helpful in my own life as a mom. I may receive a commission based on viewer purchases or interactions with these ads. You will NOT be charged any extra money. All prices will stay the same for you whether your purchase items/services through links found on this site or not!
Let’s face it, Valentine’s Day is mostly a girl holiday.
We love the cute red balloons, and pink heart-shaped desserts, and giant teddy bears, and of course LOTS of chocolate! But more than anything, we love feeling spoiled by our man!
This Valentine’s Day, I wanted to switch things up a bit. I decided to think of ways that I could spoil him!
But it wasn’t easy.
In fact, it was pretty stinking tricky.
In the process of brainstorming, here’s a list of my absolute, topnotch, foolproof ideas to make Valentine’s Day a special day for your man this year!
Here’s to strengthening your relationship, one expression of love at a time!
1) Give Him That One Thing He’s Been Wanting Forever.
You know, the thing he keeps bringing up over and over? Not even to ask you for it, it’s just so important to him that it comes up often.
For my husband, it’s tools, a new scope for his rifle, and a smoker.
Of course, I can’t afford all three, but if I can get just one thing for him that he really wants, not only will it show that I want to sacrifice to get him an amazing gift but it also shows that I love him enough to listen to his wants and needs.
What if your husband wants something that you know nothing about?? That makes shopping really tough. I often have to ask my husband’s friends or his brother for help to make sure I buy the right thing. 🙂 And always keep the receipt just in case!
2) Give Him your Time.
Find an activity that’s out of the ordinary routine for you two. Make it just for you and him- no kids!
Yep, that means a little homework for you. Track down a babysitter, make sure your calendar is free of any outside events, put your phone down. No distractions! Today is JUST for him!
- A picnic
- Go stargazing
- Rent a 4-wheeler, Snowmobile, or a Razor
- Spend a night at a hotel!
- Play his favorite video game with him
- Buy a Movie Pass
- Go hiking
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Have a photo shoot
- If you can afford it, plan a vacation or a getaway together!
- Go skydiving
- Go zip lining
- Rent his dream car for a day
- Go kayaking
- Bungee Jump off a bridge!
- Go whitewater rafting
- Have great conversation!
- Commit to continue to spend time together!
3) Give Him a New Skill.
A great way to give meaningful gifts is to think of gifts as memories instead of objects. What amazing memories could you give your man this Valentine’s Day?
- Improv Course
- Go to the gun range and learn to shoot
- Rock climbing class
- Fly a helicopter
- Golf lessons
- Learn to fly fish
- Cooking, art, self-improvement, writing, ANYTHING he’s interested in!
4) Give Him a Quiet Night at Home.
Some guys don’t want all the adventure and excitement. Sometimes, he’s exhausted from the day to day and the best thing you could possibly do is give him the gift of rest!
Of course, that doesn’t mean your Valentine’s Day has to be boring. Try some of these ideas for an exciting night in!
- Play a board game or card game. Bring out the competitive side in each other!
- Candle lit dinner (Take out or delivery please!)
- Cook together
- Try a new recipe
- Have a Cook Off!
- Try cooking or eating with silly utensils. Can you eat spaghetti with salad tongs or drink from a pitcher??
- Choose 5 random items at the grocery store and make a meal including all 5 things!
- Research something you’ve always wanted to learn, a place you’ve always wanted to visit, or an experience you’ve always wanted to try!
- Indoor Mini Golf!
- Do a puzzle
- Build a fort together
- Read to each other
- Take a bubble bath together
- Create a bucket list for your relationship!
- Connect on a deeper level by asking each other questions
5) Give Him Sex.
Let’s be real, men love to have fun in the bedroom. (So do women…)
I can’t think of a better night to put that little black thing on for your hunk than February 14!
And on this note… there’s a ton of super fun sexy games for couples to play just to keep things spicy! If you want a fun and exciting gift for your man, check out some of these awesome links!! Just click the images below!
- Fun and Romantic Game for Couples: Date Night Box Set with Conversation Starters, Flirty Games and Cool Dares – Choose from Talk, Flirt or Dare Cards for 3 Games in 1 – Includes 150 Gaming Cards
- Better Now Than Later | A Fun Date Night Box Party Game for Couples, Married, Newlywed, Adults, Wedding, Anniversary, Relationships, Bachelorette, Bridal Shower | Gift for Him and Her
- Box of Dares: 100 Sexy Prompts for Couples
- The discovery Game: for a married couple
- Sex Checks: 60 Checks for Maintaining Balance in the Bedroom
- Adult Love Sex Coupons for Couples
- New – Massage Seductions Kheper Games
6) Give Him Food.
Everyone loves food! Here’s some ideas to put a twist on boring boxes of chocolates.
- Go to a tasting (whiskey, bourbon, wine, whatever!)
- Make your own tasting at home with all his favorite foods or drinks
- Roast marshmallows (over a fire or over the stove)
- Try a new food that neither of you have ever had!
- Try authentic foods from all over the world! Experience a variety of cultures!
- Go restaurant hopping! Have appetizers at one location, then a main course at another location, and dessert somewhere else!
- Go restaurant hopping but only order appetizers and drinks at each place
- Use your best coupons! See if you can get a great meal for free or super inexpensive!!
7) Give Him the Gift of Appreciation.
Find a clever way to tell him how much he means to you, how grateful you are for him, and all the reasons why you love him!
Here’s some great ideas:
- Heart Attack: Leave hearts with a kind thought about your partner on each one. Make so many that they cover his car, or the bathroom mirror, or the bed, or his front door, or whatever!
- Send a special card or note to his office. Special delivery!
- Make a scrapbook of your favorite moments together and tell him why you love each memory with him
- Write down all the kind things he does for you for a week. Give him the list and tell him how much it all meant to you!
- Text him often throughout the day
- Write down 100 things you love about him and give him the list
- Put a note in his lunch telling him how important he is to you and why
- Create a photo book with captions explaining why each picture is significant to your relationship
- Write down all the ways he turns you on and give him the list
- Create a “Story of Us” with simple images (even stick figures). Include all the things that made you fall in love with him and things you have overcome together
- Hide post it notes in places he will find them (in a shoe, in his wallet, on the mirror, in the fridge) with kind words for him
- Create a video or slideshow full of amazing things about your partner
- Keep a journal together or individually of all the experiences that grow your relationship. Share it with him. Enjoy looking back at how far you’ve come together!
- Write a message in lipstick on the mirror
- For at least a week before Valentine’s, tell him one thing you love about him before you go to bed. This will build the love and suspense for a great Valentine’s Day!
- Tell your friends and family how amazing your man is when your man is around and when he isn’t! It will get back to him, and it means a lot.
8) Give Him the Gift of Chores Done!
Sometimes, the worst part of the day is when you get home from work and you’re exhausted, but there’s still a ton to get done at home.
No rest for the wicked!
This is especially annoying on Valentine’s Day when you are supposed to spend all your time loving on each other, not doing chores!
Help your man out by finding a way to help him with his chores in advance. This will take some pressure off of him, make your night more relaxing for both of you, and show him that you are willing to make sacrifices for his well being.
It’s not easy. After all, you’ve got your own job and household chores to do! But that’s what makes this a great way to show you care.
Stay up a little later the night before, arrange to leave work an hour early, or ask a friend to watch the kids for a while so that you can do the prep work necessary to kick off your Valentine’s Day with a bang!
As soon as he walks in the door, there’s nothing else to think about but each other.
Here’s some acts of service that mean a lot to my man:
- Wash the car
- Clean house
- Firewood stacked (we use a wood stove as our primary heat source)
- Dishes done
- Snow shoveled
- Laundry folded and put away
- Lawn mowed (if you live in a warm location)
- Kids fed and hopefully off to the babysitter’s house
Those of you who are familiar with the 5 Love Languages might have caught on that at least one of these ideas covers each love language.
- Quality Time- #1, 3, 4, 5, 7
- Words of Affirmation- #7
- Physical Touch- #4, 5
- Receiving Gifts- #2, 3, 5
- Acts of Service- #6, 8
No matter what your man’s love language is, he’s bound to feel appreciated, loved, respected, wanted, and committed when you treat him to an awesome day that’s just for him!
Especially on Valentine’s Day- the day he thought was just for you.
Need more information? Check out 45 Perfect Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him by and
Did you enjoy this post?? Share with your friends!
Subscribe to my email list for weekly updates in the world of parenting! Nobody needs to do this alone- parenting is just too hard for that. Join a wonderful community and have access to exclusive resources, like this one: