This post may contain advertisements and/or links for products and services that I value. I offer recommendations to products and/or services that I find helpful in my own life as a mom. I may receive a commission based on viewer purchases or interactions with these ads. You will NOT be charged any extra money. All prices will stay the same for you whether your purchase items/services through links found on this site or not!
You’ll never guess who just got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! That’s right, me! Woo hoo!
I feel so blessed! I’ve been working really hard to bring great information to all the moms out there, so it feels good to be recognized!
Big Thank You!
Before I go any further, I need to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to Pointless Overthinking for the nomination!!
You’ve got to check out this blog! It’s a great creative look into life. What things are necessary and what things just aren’t?? Great ideas about simplifying, being positive about yourself, self-improvement, what things are actually worth doing, etc. These are important topics for every mom to consider!
I’m super excited to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award process. What a fun way to get to know lots of other great bloggers, and also to share some valuable resources with my awesome followers!
So here’s how it works:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them – You’re the bomb Pointless Overthinking!!!
- Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers and ask them new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
The Questions I was Asked:
Here we go! Here are the questions that I was asked! I am super excited to share a little more about myself with my followers and visitors to my site!!
1. If you got a “Do-Over” card for any event in your life, would you use it?
Nah! I’m a firm believer in learning through mistakes. When I look back through my life, I see how each step I took led me to the next. If I changed any piece of it, I’d be a completely different person now. I’m happy with who I am and who I’m working to be in the future, so no, I don’t think I would use it.
Well, hang on, maybe for something small, like maybe I’d kiss my husband sooner when we were dating or something like that!
2. What do you think is more likely for an Armageddon scenario- Nuclear Disaster, Zombie Outbreak or Worldwide Plague?
Zombies all the way! I’ve already got my escape plan in place. No spoilers though!
3. Follow up to Question 2- What 3 things do you grab when you hear that your chosen scenario has happened?
-My 72-hour survival kit (yes, I have one of those!)
-My stash of chocolate
4. What is your favorite thing about the decade that defines your generation? (i.e., 90’s for Gen X)
Gel pens! Remember those?? I love those. They were all the rage in middle school, and I’ve just never got over them. Love me some gel pens. Especially when they’re sparkly!
5. Why did you begin blogging?
I made the transition from a working mom to a stay at home mom. I loved the work I did with children, and love being a mommy even more! But I felt a little empty. I wasn’t using my education and experience except in my own home. I missed getting to help other moms and families by sharing what I know. Solution- a professional mommy blog! I’ve loved it!
6. What do you think is the best thing about being an adult?
I get to eat whatever I want! If I feel like cake for breakfast, cake for breakfast it is! If I want to dip into my secret chocolate stash at 2am, I will! I can blow bubbles in my chocolate milk, and eat an entire can of Pringles in one sitting, and eat ice cream right out of the container. It’s the best!!!
7. What do you think is the biggest disappointment about being an adult?
Stupid money. I wish I didn’t need it, but I just can’t find a way around it.
Oh, and also taxes. It’s like highway robbery.
8. Favorite 80’s cult classic movie?
Back to the future! Love it! “Nobody calls me chicken!”
9. Your favorite reading genre and author?
I’m a nerd… It’s ok, I’ve accepted it. I love me some John Gottman. He is an expert on family relationships and writes about his research findings. I love his work about parenting (Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child) and marriage (The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work).
10. What is the most important life lesson you want to share with your children? (or dog, cat or other pet of choice)
I want my kids to have their priorities straight. That’s something that took me a while to figure out. I learned that life just isn’t about careers or recognition or money. It’s all about family. There’s just no happiness until a person figures that out, so I hope my kids can learn that from me rather than learn it the hard way.
My Questions for My Nominees:
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- What clique were you in during high school? Were you popular, in the band, a jock, etc.?
- If you didn’t need to sleep, what would you do with your time?
- What is one of your pet peeves?
- If you didn’t have your current job, what would your second choice of career be?
- If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?
- What was your favorite pet and why?
- What is something that you have always wanted to try?
- If you were going to be one age forever, what age would you choose?
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
Amazing Bloggers that I Want to Nominate:
I have been blown away by so many amazing bloggers out there. I can’t possibly nominate everyone that I would love to nominate… But here are a few!
I absolutely encourage everyone to check out these blogs!
- Geek Mamas
- Nanny Maryanne
- Embracing Simple
- The Picky Eater
- Mom Junction
- Nurture and Thrive
- Twins Mommy
- Enchanted Word Vibes
- Janna Conner
- The Parent Cue
To my nominees: I can’t wait to hear your answers to my questions! Thanks for your great work and fabulous resources on each of your blogs!